It’s Time To Stop Winning And Start Gardening!
So you want to start Gardening? You know Dear I garden all year long! Believe me there are things to be done. And I’m The One To Tell You What To Do, somebody has to, right?
I know Donna told you to get yourself a Seed Catalog. I know She even did all the work, and told you where to get one! Did You Do It? Well I certainly hope so! If you didn’t your gonna hold up the works!
Let’s get started, I’m gonna give you a list, and I expect you to do it so we can move on to our Spring Planting. So, run and get yourself a Pencil and Paper, and make it snappy.
Make Sure to Subscribe to The Newsletter, I'LL BE WATCHING!
Force Spring Bulbs
Force Spring Bulbs
It usually take 8 – 15 weeks to force a Bulb. The Bulbs will need to be put in a Cold Place for 10 – 12 weeks The temperature should be between 35 – 45 degrees.
Some people use the refrigerator. Place the Bulbs in the Veggie Drawer. Keep them away from Fruit, especially Apples.
You can use an unheated Garage. The Cold trickes the Bulbs into thinking it’s winter.
Fill pots with Light Potting Mix. Do Not use soil from the Garden. Plant Bulbs, with the Pointy Tips sticking out of the Soil.
Keep the soil moist, Not Wet. Move Potted Bulbs into a warm room. When Flower Buds form, keep them out of direct sun to make the blooms last longer.
After they are done blooming, move the plants, in pot outside to be planted in the fall.
FEBRUARY, WHAT A GREAT TIME TO GARDEN!
No more Winter Blues for you! I’m gonna keep you real busy. Hope your ready to write. Let’s get started.
- Now that you have your Seed Catalog, decide if you are planning a Veggie Garden, a Flower Garden, or Both. Don’t go crazy and buy out the store. You don’t want to end up with 300 Tomato Plants like you know who!
- Make the plan for the Gardens. Lay it out on graph paper. Don’t forget to see how big these plants get.
- Place your Seed Order.
- Don’ t forget to go outside and feed the Birds. The’re out there waiting and counting on you.
- When you come back in, go and check those neglected House Plants. You forgot about them, didn’t You. It wouldn’t hurt to Re-pot them. They just might enjoy a little fertilizer, and check under those leave for little Crawly Pest.
- Next time your out shopping at one of Those Big Box Store, Buy a Hyacinth Bulb put it into a 4″ pot to force it to Bloom. (directions for that in my next Post). In the Spring Move the Plants outdoors for planting in the Fall.
- Next when the Snow Finally Melts, make a trip outside and start Cleaning Up That Messy Yard! All those Sticks all over, it’s embarrassing!
- While your out there, you might want to pull out some of those weeds. Its a lot easier to pull when the Ground is Soaking Wet. Don’t forget your Rubbers!
- Now would be a good time to go get those Black Planting Trays to Start Your Seeds. You will need some soil- less mix to plant them in. I’ll tell you about that stuff in my next Post along with the Hyacinth Bulb. You know I’m going to be up all night Writing.
- In the early Spring, you can cut back the Grasses to about 6 inches. This is best to do it before they send up new shoots.
- Early Spring is a good time to Fertilize Trees and Shrubs.
- After the last Frost, it will be safe to plant the Cold Tolerant Spring Veggie Seeds. (Carrots, Peas) They really like that Cool Air. As a Matter of Fact so do I! I get so hot sometimes I have to carry a rag with me. You might want to try that if your hot blooded like me.
- Don’t forget to plant some of those Sweet Peas, they’ll return year after year.
- I like to Prune my Roses in the Spring instead of the Fall. That way they are not open to the Weather.
- You could even go shopping for outdoor Furniture if you need it. They really like to put it out early.
- If you have Chickens, now’s a good time to spread Chicken Manure. That way it won’t be “Hot” when it comes to planting time. Chicken Manure is great for Roses.
Did I keep you busy? Don’t sit down and get comfortable yet, there’s lots of work left to do. So, I’ll see you next time. Don’t forget your paper and pencil!
See You Soon, Gladys Here!
Soil-less Mix for Starting Seeds
BASIC SOIL-LESS POTTING MIX
4-6 Part Sphagnum Peat Moss
1 Part Perlite
1 Part Vermiculite
NOW YOU COULD TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT AND GO BUY A BAG – JUST LOOK FOR SOIL-LESS POTTING MIX!
NOW WHAT’S THE FUN IN THAT !!!!
God Created Heaven and Earth
James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
“You are never so high as when you are on your knees.”
The important thing is not your position of prayer, but the fact that you do pray!
Thank and Praise the Lord Daily.